Turmoil+ offers players a visually charming, tongue-in-cheek take on the simulation genre inspired by the 19th century oil rush in North America. Get a taste of the rush and rivalry of the time as you earn your way to become a successful oil entrepreneur. As you make money digging up and selling oil, the town will grow along with you.
Lease land at the town auction and search for oil. Build a rig, create an efficient pipe network and bring up the oil to store it in silos. Sell the oil at the best times to maximize profits. Then buy essential upgrades in town to cope with rock, gas and ice. Acquire more town shares than your competitors in a bid to become the new mayor.
– A campaign where you build your rags-to-riches oil baron career and beat your rivals.
– Dozens of upgrades and new tools to improve your oil mining operations.
– Maximize your profits by using natural gas to boost the oil price.
– Outbid your competitors at the stock auction.
– Meet the town’s characters in the saloon and make shady business deals.
– Play single game mode to get one of literally millions of procedurally generated levels and earn as much as you can in one year.
Turmoil+ – The Heat Is On is a new campaign with tons of oil to dig up and convert into cash! It is designed to make you feel right at home, but at the same time offer lots of new mechanics and fun features. Here’s what you can expect!
– A new town (and mayor!) and a new oil-rich map divided into three areas.
– In each area, new drilling mechanics are introduced, powered by a new underground substance: magma.
– You’ll see familiar faces like Edward and Fred and William. They brought their goods with them in train wagons, so you can instantly stock up on all your favorite drilling gear.
– There are also new people, like Philip, who runs a shady card game in the saloon.
– Jack is a new character that runs a magma tools operation from his shed. He likes chicken.
– Anthony is also back from last time. Instead of dealing in diamonds, he has his own store where you can sell and buy all sorts of underground treasures.
– The new mayor is not quite like the old one. His tips are free, and he uses a different auction system. But shares still cost money!
– There’s a cat walking around the village! He doesn’t do a whole lot, but what can you expect from these creatures?
– And last but not least: a couple of brand new music tracks!
The metagame in this new DLC-campaign offers more depth. Instead of diamonds, a total of 9 underground treasures are available. Collecting them all (by trading or digging them up) will offer great benefits. Besides this, the village offers even more things to do, like playing a card game for money.